Do You Want to Feel Confident & Supported as You Take Control of Your Financial Security? Then I’m the Agent for You.
Hi, I’m Jen Haggard, the founder and owner of Defiance Realty, real estate broker, worker’s rights advocate, parent, trainer/coach, and a former union organizer with over 20 years of negotiating experience.
When I purchased my first house in my 30’s I was shocked to discover that I could purchase a home of my own and realized that if I could do it, anyone could. A year later I bought a second home, converting my first to an investment property. The following year I secured an amazing mixed-use investment property in the North Slope. Since then I have purchased a few short and long term rentals, built and run a successful GlampGround, and have coached many through the process of turning their dreams from fantasy to an achievable and successful plan. Who would have thought? A parent, changing careers, in a new city used to non-stop traveling and 80 hr work weeks would not only end up falling in love with real estate but additionally discover my passion and purpose: To help people achieve their dreams, achieve fiscal security, and have fun while doing it!
My first experience purchasing a home was rough. I searched for an agent with my values and after having little success finding one went with the reccomendation of a co-worker. What a mess that wound up being! I had to argue with my agent for what was best for myself and my family. I was constantly coaching them on how to negotiate and spent hours of time and energy fixing problems I now know that my agent should have taken care of. To top it off I sincerely wanted to understand the industry and the process I was in but was left more often than not with unanswered questions and a “that is just how it is” response. As a first time homebuyer I felt confused, exhausted, and alone. That’s when I realized — I should become a real estate broker. I didn’t want others to have the same issues I had during such a critical experience in our lives.
Ultimately, I have built my real estate business on my passion for two things: Building a box that works for YOU and strengthening our local communities. Whether you are a buyer or seller, you should work with someone who listens to your unique needs, situation, and goals. When you work with me, not only do you have someone who fights for and protects you, you end the journey feeling more confident, secure, and knowledgeable than when you started. I’ve had friends say “Jen, ‘don’t just dream do’ is VERY cheesy.” Well, I can’t argue with that, but it’s still true. Your dreams of waking up in a place that’s yours, or generating long-term security through investments, or selling your house to move on to something better, don’t just have to be dreams — together we can make it a reality.
Wait, who are you again?
- I have spent at least a week in every state in the country!
- I’m the parent of an incredible 7 year old. Our favorite activity- kitchen dance parties.
- I served on Tacoma’s human rights commission for two years
- I had a stint as a semi professional poker player in Chicago’s seedy underground
- I am always reading/browsing at least 5 books at a time
- I was part of the founding team for the ‘Fight for 15’ and ran engagement programs throughout the country. It involved helping to run many rallies, protests, and spending 2 days in jail to bring attention to the movement for income equality.
- Although I am basically tone def, I will always sing karaoke anyway
- My dream jobs as a kid were an astronaut or actor. Never did anything on the astronaut front but starred in many plays!
- I would always rather be on a boat or rockhounding.
- No matter how hard I try, I can’t listen to music if I don’t like the lyrics.